Ranked Season 3 Begins!

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Ranked Season 3 Begins!

Postby shapesifter13 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:10 am

Hey Townies,

Today we are starting Season 3 of Ranked! As you may already know if you have checked out our most recent announcements Season 2 of Ranked was our best season so far, and we want to thank everyone who participated in it.

Balance Changes!

Be sure to keep in mind that Jesters can now kill players who abstain on them when they are hanged!

This is the only change currently being made as win rates are close to where we want them to be. We think smaller changes here and there will be what we need to bring the win rates in line.

This change allows the Jester more options on who to kill, and can allow the Jester the potential to remove roles that are more impactful from the game than before. This should make players more hesitant to vote guilty on a potential evil role as well. This has always been the general idea behind the Jester, but certain play styles have made the Jester less impactful on games than we had originally hoped. We believe this change will be good for overall health of the role, and will help it be the role it was always meant to be. A role that makes you second guess yourself when trying to hang someone.

Rating Changes!

For Ranked Season 3 we will be making a change to the "K-Factor" in our rating algorithm. What this means in non-mumbo jumbo terms is that the base rating that you will earn or lose per game will be increased. This should help push you to the tier that you belong in more quickly than last season.

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue where season rewards were given based on current rating instead of season high rating.
Fixed an issue where the Doctor achievement "Stitch Yourself" was not being granted properly.

Thanks for being involved. We are looking forward to seeing how this season goes, and we will be keeping an eye on everything.

Happy Hanging from the BMG Team!
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Re: Ranked Season 3 Begins!

Postby zzjay » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:01 pm

You should keep in mind the meta a little bit more,rather than just watch the winrates.
As where the game is now,its not anymore uninformed majority\vs informed minority...its a massive joke of will i have neough votes day 3 to hang the knwn evils?

considering the rolelist is 6vs u have an SK a mafia kill,and a random deatj to a vet D1 and you have evil majority,this thing forged the Jailor claim Meta,giving wins to the faction that get better roles selection (aka Lookut Y\N RT tp Y\N,and so on...)
zzjay
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby SERVAT » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:26 pm

I’ve played a lot of ranked games with the jester “buff” already, and the only jester win I’ve had and I’ve seen since then are pity wins( a faction has a secured win and out of pity they give the poor jester the win). This is a town buff. Just what Ranked needed, as if their win rate could get any higher. 8 out of 10 placement games I was evil and I only won 2 placement games. Guess what faction I was? Btw I’m not a leaver or a bad player in general, not the best but I know what I’m doing.

Plz switch jester back, attend to more important issues like spy or retri.
SERVAT
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Cut » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:09 am

SERVAT wrote:I’ve played a lot of ranked games with the jester “buff” already, and the only jester win I’ve had and I’ve seen since then are pity wins( a faction has a secured win and out of pity they give the poor jester the win). This is a town buff. Just what Ranked needed, as if their win rate could get any higher. 8 out of 10 placement games I was evil and I only won 2 placement games. Guess what faction I was? Btw I’m not a leaver or a bad player in general, not the best but I know what I’m doing.

Plz switch jester back, attend to more important issues like spy or retri.

I'd also have to agree with this.
I personally feel that the change makes it harder for Jester to win, but more influential in winning as they can cripple the mafia/ wipe out the NK. Winning as the NK was already incredibly tough, and now NK roles have the added problem of being haunted by a Jester if they try don't press innocent (which would bring attention to themselves).

Someone "taking one for the team" by voting solo guilty on the Jester was a viable strategy in my eyes, preventing the Jester from splitting votes. What else is a role like a Retri (who has used revive) going to do aside from being a vote which would be counteracted by the presence of a Jester splitting votes left right and center? If Jailor and TK are dead, a Jester can now remain in the game for days on end, often preventing lynches from occurring with less players left and nobody voting them up out of haunt paranoia.

Definitely feel that Jester didn't need this change and other some roles needed edits instead.
Cut
Lookout
Lookout

Postby chiu1993 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:57 am

What if jester has one chance to frame himself?
chiu1993
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby zzjay » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:00 am

We're making changes to the k factor,so that you still win 1 elo for any nk wins XD,while you can get + 4 as town....i dont get the point...nk is harder
zzjay
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby SERVAT » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:50 am

chiu1993 wrote:What if jester has one chance to frame himself?

This would fix the problem and make the jester I bit more fun to play(since you can actually do something at night. I’ve seen this being suggested a couple of times but never implemented. Definitely a better buff than this once though
SERVAT
Lookout
Lookout

Postby zzjay » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:06 pm

this is a nerf to jester,not a buff...why would jester care who he kills...its a buff for mafia and nk,that can backfire at times too,since many times jesters have no clue of who's evil and not,and jailors always inno from nw on...
zzjay
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby nhat6433 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:42 pm

:D :D :D best
nhat6433

Postby SpellChecker » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:59 am

nhat6433 wrote::D :D :D best

Do not spam emojis and multi-post in a row. Read the rules.

Any questions, feel free to reach out to me.

SpellChecker
Vampire
Vampire

Postby LandMineHare » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:14 pm

Nothing about fixing transporters being able to be controlled, despite being control immune?
LandMineHare

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:20 pm

LandMineHare wrote:Nothing about fixing transporters being able to be controlled, despite being control immune?

This was on my radar since quite some time and currently investigated. So we're on it, don't worry.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Skrupy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:51 pm

when is this season ending lol
Skrupy
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:31 pm

Previously did the seasons last around 3-4 months. When the season is ending it will be announced.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Announcements