Ranked Season Two will be ending soon!

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Re: Ranked Season Two will be ending soon!

Postby polypies73 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:09 am

BasicFourLife wrote:
JoltikIsDubby wrote:Oh and it would be REALLY GREAT if you made Transporter an exclusive role. Only one per game max.

This isn’t necessary if you would nerf the Transporter or reworked it.

I mean it’s easier for the devs to make it unique rather then rework it
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

Postby BasicFourLife » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:18 am

polypies73 wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:
JoltikIsDubby wrote:Oh and it would be REALLY GREAT if you made Transporter an exclusive role. Only one per game max.

This isn’t necessary if you would nerf the Transporter or reworked it.

I mean it’s easier for the devs to make it unique rather then rework it

Ahem my and Goose’s Trans Rework
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby dyaomaster » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:07 am

After the Unity patch.
"Research has it that 47% of quotes are fabricated using true statistics."
-Alfred Wolman, 1997

Did I just say something about Coven? Don't trust me, I don't own it.

we need help
dyaomaster
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby joefischerxxx » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:14 am

the silver medal looks cooler than the platuim one lol
My best roles:
Assassin (2.0)
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=77379
Fortune Teller (formerly known as the Weather Man)
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=80478
Phantom
https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... 27&t=78593
joefischerxxx
Survivor
Survivor

Postby BasicFourLife » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:36 am

joefischerxxx wrote:the silver medal looks cooler than the platuim one lol

The Master and the Platinum ones are pretty ugly ugh.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby joefischerxxx » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:48 am

BasicFourLife wrote:
joefischerxxx wrote:the silver medal looks cooler than the platuim one lol

The Master and the Platinum ones are pretty ugly ugh.

agreed, I like bronze, silver, and gold, but platinum, diamond, and master are bad
My best roles:
Assassin (2.0)
Phantom
joefischerxxx
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:40 pm

This buffs scum because now people are going to vote innocent if they think someone is jester
also mayor would be targeted by jester more

ALSO just remove ret it's gross.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby joefischerxxx » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:04 pm

Will we ever have another chance to get the golden townie?
My best roles:
Assassin (2.0)
Phantom
joefischerxxx
Survivor
Survivor

Postby realMandingo » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:18 pm

Cool. Still doesn't solve Ranked's main issues:

1. Jailor/Mayor revealing day 1 drastically increases town winrate and unless mafia gets lucky with rolelist, they basically auto lose. There is no role that punishes Jailor revealing day 1 due to the likeliness that there will be at least 1 Lookout + 1 Town Protective, or 2 Town Protectives in the game. Werewolf and Arsonist risk too much when attacking Jailor if there is a Lookout and a Bodyguard/Doctor on the Jailor, and basically rely on mafia or a bad Town Killing.
2. As a result, Neutral Killing's winrate is abysmal, it should be always a minimal % but the current meta discourages any possible intelligent play by Neutral Killing roles, due to the fact there are 3 Random Town slots, 2 Town Investigative slots and a guaranteed Jailor who will most likely reveal day 1. If you are not a Serial Killer, you basically lose the game automatically. Losing 1 ELO isn't the problem however, it's the fact that it's a waste of time for you to play the game knowing your chances to win are slim to none and if you LEAVE, you will lose MORE ELO than if you had stayed and played the game. So you are forced to waste your time knowing you will lose.
3. Neutral Killing leaving or basically being useless highly increases Town's winrate and heavily decreases both Mafia's and NE's winrate. Therefore, the rolelist, whether you think it that way or not, is heavily skewed to favor Town.

So how do you fix this? My suggestion would be to remove a Random Town, add a Random Neutral. Increases all Neutral winrates drastically, slightly increases Mafia winrates, slightly decreases Town Winrate. In games with 2 neutral killers, neutral killers can win more games but aren't necessarily able to win with each other, in games with 2 neutral evils they either work against each other or for their own gain except in the case of 2 Witches, and in games with a Neutral Benign, only thing that would make a difference would be how the early game turns out. The only other option would be a Vampire game, to which I would heavily suggest forcing a Vampire Hunter to appear if it is indeed a Vampire game.

EDIT: Another suggestion would be adding a new Neutral Killing role similar to the Reaper of Throne of Lies. The role isn't affected by the actions of Town Protective roles, because their attack bypasses protections, but their target would die not on the night they visit the target, but on the night after. This allows Neutral Killing to actually have a chance at dealing with day 1 Jailor and Mayor claims, while still allowing town to find them by the means of a Lookout (they would have to figure out who the Reaper is between all the people that visited).
JamesD28 wrote:WIFOM is now wank in front of me
realMandingo
Jester
Jester

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:30 am

realMandingo wrote:Cool. Still doesn't solve Ranked's main issues:

1. Jailor/Mayor revealing day 1 drastically increases town winrate and unless mafia gets lucky with rolelist, they basically auto lose. There is no role that punishes Jailor revealing day 1 due to the likeliness that there will be at least 1 Lookout + 1 Town Protective, or 2 Town Protectives in the game. Werewolf and Arsonist risk too much when attacking Jailor if there is a Lookout and a Bodyguard/Doctor on the Jailor, and basically rely on mafia or a bad Town Killing.
2. As a result, Neutral Killing's winrate is abysmal, it should be always a minimal % but the current meta discourages any possible intelligent play by Neutral Killing roles, due to the fact there are 3 Random Town slots, 2 Town Investigative slots and a guaranteed Jailor who will most likely reveal day 1. If you are not a Serial Killer, you basically lose the game automatically. Losing 1 ELO isn't the problem however, it's the fact that it's a waste of time for you to play the game knowing your chances to win are slim to none and if you LEAVE, you will lose MORE ELO than if you had stayed and played the game. So you are forced to waste your time knowing you will lose.
3. Neutral Killing leaving or basically being useless highly increases Town's winrate and heavily decreases both Mafia's and NE's winrate. Therefore, the rolelist, whether you think it that way or not, is heavily skewed to favor Town.

So how do you fix this? My suggestion would be to remove a Random Town, add a Random Neutral. Increases all Neutral winrates drastically, slightly increases Mafia winrates, slightly decreases Town Winrate. In games with 2 neutral killers, neutral killers can win more games but aren't necessarily able to win with each other, in games with 2 neutral evils they either work against each other or for their own gain except in the case of 2 Witches, and in games with a Neutral Benign, only thing that would make a difference would be how the early game turns out. The only other option would be a Vampire game, to which I would heavily suggest forcing a Vampire Hunter to appear if it is indeed a Vampire game.

EDIT: Another suggestion would be adding a new Neutral Killing role similar to the Reaper of Throne of Lies. The role isn't affected by the actions of Town Protective roles, because their attack bypasses protections, but their target would die not on the night they visit the target, but on the night after. This allows Neutral Killing to actually have a chance at dealing with day 1 Jailor and Mayor claims, while still allowing town to find them by the means of a Lookout (they would have to figure out who the Reaper is between all the people that visited).

Your suggestions don’t fix shit.

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:32 am

Makz92 wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:Your suggestions don’t fix shit.

1. Usually people elaborate on sentences like this one.

2. He is trying to help make the game better, I don't see you pitching in any ideas.

3. Wouldn't hurt you to be nicer.

I've pitched hundreds of ideas onto forums. I don't think I need to do it here.

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Jerme » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:40 am

Public reminder to not derail this thread.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dyaomaster » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Would replacing TP with RT introduce too much swing?
"Research has it that 47% of quotes are fabricated using true statistics."
-Alfred Wolman, 1997

Did I just say something about Coven? Don't trust me, I don't own it.

we need help
dyaomaster
Disguiser
Disguiser

Previous

Return to Announcements