Off Season Begins

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Off Season Begins

Postby shapesifter13 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:44 pm

Hey Townies,

Today is the end of Ranked Season 1. We will be running a short off season, but will then start Season 2. During the off season your rating will not change if you win or lose a game. There won't be many changes done to Ranked for Season 2 as most of our data from season one is not exactly accurate due to all of the issues. When Season 2 does start we will be doing a hard reset for everyone back to 1200 rating and wiping everyone's career high stat so that it can, once again, be a true measure of skill. We hope this season will be better, and we will be paying closer attention to issues related to ranked in the future. We want to thank you all for your help in finding the issues that plagued Season 1 so that we can make Season 2 a great one.

Rewards for Season 1 will distributed shortly after the patch. Due to us ending the season months earlier than planned the rewards will be another set of new lobby icons related to each tier below and some Merit Points based on what tier you reached. Next season we will have much cooler rewards.

0-999 rating Bronze

1000-1399 rating Silver

1400-1599 rating Gold

1600-1799 rating Platinum

1800-1999 rating Diamond

2000+ rating Master

Bug Fixes:

We fixed an issue with both Lookout and Spy that was causing the order in which names were displayed for their abilities to use priority ordering the same way the voting issue did. This should now be random as well.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Re: Off Season Begins

Postby ryanmicallef28 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:48 pm

thank you thank youthank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank you
Play in Ranked
Always called Micallef
ryanmicallef28
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Chancell0r » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:17 pm

thank you thank youthank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank youthank you

i think im gonna cry

edit: you said career high stats are being wiped, does this include legacy? IMO it's harmless to still have legacy elo there, but still reset everyone back to 1200.
Check out my Competitive Ranked guide for all roles in Ranked.
https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... =3&t=73489

2k+ elo
Go by Chancellor/Illuminate/Emily in Ranked.
Chancell0r
Transporter
Transporter

Postby shapesifter13 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:26 pm

Legacy will still be there as it is recorded as a separate stat. Season 1 highs just won't be recorded.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Chancell0r » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:32 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:Legacy will still be there as it is recorded as a separate stat. Season 1 highs just won't be recorded.

godlike

2k+ elo
Chancell0r
Transporter
Transporter

Postby frds628 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:36 pm

Will there be placement games immediately after the reset, or will it be straight to regular games with everyone at 1200 Elo?
frds628
Executioner
Executioner

Postby nononomebusy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:53 pm

Does this mean there will be a change to Ranked Coven too? I wasn't able to play even 1 placement game successfully.
nononomebusy
Patron
Patron

Postby Chancell0r » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:30 pm

frds628 wrote:Will there be placement games immediately after the reset, or will it be straight to regular games with everyone at 1200 Elo?

We are in offseason now, I'm assuming at our season 1 career ratings. When season 2 begins (they said hopefully next week), everyone will be reset to 1200. So yes you will do placement games first, but unlike season 1 you won't be "shadowed" based on legacy elo if you have it (at least, I don't think you are, who knows).

nononomebusy wrote:Does this mean there will be a change to Ranked Coven too? I wasn't able to play even 1 placement game successfully.

That was due to a lack of players in Coven playing ranked. Now that classic ranked is fixed, hopefully more players will start playing ToS and therefore the coven community could grow into a size where ranked is populated.

2k+ elo
Chancell0r
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Livicus » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:02 pm

Is there ever going to be a return of Neutral Benign or is that out of the picture?
Livicus

Postby Jerme » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:59 am

That is yet to decide, but for now I think they NB alignment will stay out o the picture from ranked.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Shilster » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:24 am

Huzzah
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Newtownie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:21 am

Thank you so much for getting this done. It was definitely needed.

Can we please get to season 2 as quickly as possible though, it's only been 1 day and I'm already seeing "yeah but who cares if I did that. It's offseason - nothing counts anyway" - exactly like it was before season 1 started.

If possible, fix the witches invest results (cause you can't leave witch the way she is - getting checked by invest is an instant witch loss) and then back to it.
Newtownie
Executioner
Executioner

Postby shapesifter13 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:03 pm

We are hoping to get season 2 out within the week.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Newtownie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:50 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:We are hoping to get season 2 out within the week.

Oh wow, that's awesome. Thank you.
Newtownie
Executioner
Executioner

Postby kosmo16 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Newtownie wrote:Thank you so much for getting this done. It was definitely needed.

Can we please get to season 2 as quickly as possible though, it's only been 1 day and I'm already seeing "yeah but who cares if I did that. It's offseason - nothing counts anyway" - exactly like it was before season 1 started.

If possible, fix the witches invest results (cause you can't leave witch the way she is - getting checked by invest is an instant witch loss) and then back to it.

You can say the same about SK. However, Witch supposed to be detection immune and that is the problem.
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby shelboo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:41 am

Can someone please state how many Merit Points were given per tier, even if you only know for a specific tier? Any information is appreciated.
shelboo
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Postby ft029 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:26 pm

I climbed from 1170 to 1520 fair and square. :/

Oh well. All of these changes are very beneficial and have been making ToS fairly fun. Thanks!
ft029
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Newtownie » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:30 am

kosmo16 wrote:
Newtownie wrote:Thank you so much for getting this done. It was definitely needed.

You can say the same about SK. However, Witch supposed to be detection immune and that is the problem.

Witch was always supposed to have camouflage, and it did. It was Surv, VH, witch - so at the very least there was always a role it *could* claim. That's gone now with the removal of surv and VH. One invest check and witch is outed. SK at least has some camouflage from everyone except the sheriff because doc is still in the game.

When you make major changes to a game with patches, such as the removal of roles etc you're going to have to tweak here and there to fix it. Check the feedback and suggestions parts of the forum. Players are repeatedly asking for another shake up on invest results. It's time.
Newtownie
Executioner
Executioner

Postby wowsocute » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:09 pm

i miss nb and any, i can't stay interested without them
wowsocute
Witch
Witch

Postby Newtownie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:06 am

shapesifter13 wrote:We are hoping to get season 2 out within the week.

Could we please get an update on the time frame for season 2, because clearly "within the week" didn't happen :(
Newtownie
Executioner
Executioner

Postby shapesifter13 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:01 pm

Shouldn't be too much longer now. :)
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby shapesifter13 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:30 pm

Ranked Season 2 is starting!: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77759&p=2562436#p2562436