Patch 2.0.3 The Coven Comes to Web!

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Patch 2.0.3 The Coven Comes to Web!

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Hey Townies!

We promised that The Coven would eventually be purchasable for browser users and that time is soon! We will be launching this patch tomorrow. We have split the purchase to be more like the path you take when buying it on Steam. We have a premium Web version that comes with an exclusive pet, 2000 Town Points, and 100% bonus Merit Points for life for $5 USD. Owning this allows you to purchase The Coven for $5 USD getting you all the perks that come with The Coven including access to all of the new roles in Coven games, exclusive queues that only Coven players can play in, and the rotating game modes VIP, Lovers, and Rivals. There is also an option to purchase both at once for a total of $10 USD. If you already own Steam and The Coven through Steam you can still purchase the Web premium bundle to pick up the new pet, the 2,000 Town Points at a discounted rate and the Merit Point bonus stacks! This will mean that you are getting 300% Merit Point gains. A win that normally would give 40 Merit Points will give 120 Merit Points if you own Steam and Web premium! Here is a picture of the adorable new Webby pet that comes from purchasing the premium Web version!
We are not sure whether to burn it with fire, or give this little cutie some pats.

New Character!
This patch also comes with a new purchasable skin based on the role the Crusader. We know what you are thinking, but we will refrain from memeing on you too hard.

Price Reductions!
Steam and Web premium grant 2000 Town Points, so we have decided to drop the price of Beelzebub and Uriel to match that. This means anyone buying either premium purchase can buy a legendary skin with their Town Points.

Bug Fixes/Improvements

Fixed a bug that would allow players to leave Original Town of Salem games in the lobby and go join Coven lobbies without being affected by the timeout.

Fixed a few instances of overlapping text on certain resolutions.

Fixed a display issue with Coven scrolls showing them as giving 2x odds instead of 10x odds. This was only a visual issue and did not affect how they worked during this time.

Fixed a few instances of misspelled words, or duplicated sentences.

The graphics settings should now save when they are changed.

If you don't own The Coven those scrolls won't show in the shop to help keep the clutter down for those users.

There was some confusion about the rotating game modes. People thought that VIP, Lovers, and Rivals were the "Exclusive Queues" with The Coven. We have made this more clear that these are the Rotating Game Modes, and that all of The Coven game modes are the "Exclusive Queues". This means that any Coven game mode can only be played by players who own The Coven.

Edit: The patch is now live!
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Re: Patch 2.0.3 The Coven Comes to Web!

Postby Chillyfoot » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Yay!
North/Wolf (they/he)|ISTP|Hawaiian time|my disability makes ToS harder than it should be
1100+ games, ~40% winrate, Season 1 Silver
Favorite roles: Medium, Amnesiac, Necromancer, Pirate
Weekly Rotation (M-Su): Ruffles (WW), Ubi (PB), Wacky Wednesday, Jaybird (Frost), Achiote (Flames), Harpoon (Thunder), Erika (Uriel)

Last updated: 9 Apr 2021
Chillyfoot
Jester
Jester

Postby mythos3469 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:02 pm

Great way to ripoff your player base. Those of us that bought the steam version and bought the coven steam game now get the privilege of getting screwed out of another $10. You would think that you would offer a discounted version for the players that have absolutely no reason to purchase the browser version.
mythos3469

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:14 pm

mythos3469 wrote:Great way to ripoff your player base. Those of us that bought the steam version and bought the coven steam game now get the privilege of getting screwed out of another $10. You would think that you would offer a discounted version for the players that have absolutely no reason to purchase the browser version.

You cannot buy the Coven again on the web if you already own it on Steam. If you log through your Steam linked account on the web version, you can already play the Coven :)
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby Meggeh » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:28 pm

What if I own the main game on Steam, but not Coven? It is already linked to my account.

I'm not interesting in playing through Steam, is there a way to buy only the Coven through browser? Or do I have to buy it through Steam and then I'll be able to play on browser?
Meggeh

Postby CrazyPerson629 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:54 pm

PyromonkeyGG wrote:
mythos3469 wrote:Great way to ripoff your player base. Those of us that bought the steam version and bought the coven steam game now get the privilege of getting screwed out of another $10. You would think that you would offer a discounted version for the players that have absolutely no reason to purchase the browser version.

You cannot buy the Coven again on the web if you already own it on Steam. If you log through your Steam linked account on the web version, you can already play the Coven :)

Glad to see that in case I am ever away from my home computer and want to play.

So basically if you have the steam version its $5.00 for a pet, 2000 Town Points, and a merrit point multiplier...

It sucks that I can't unlock webby without paying money... with that said for a free to play game that makes it's money on cosmetic sales... I can see what they are doing and I can't feel like I am losing out on to much.

I may throw some money at this eventually as a support the game type thing... not just cause I want the stuff... but probably will be a while with how recently I sent money BMG's way.
CrazyPerson629
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby chitownmvp01 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:25 pm

Keep up the great work, Devs! :D
Spoiler: Image

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby cristiedge » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:38 am

When will the off-season be over?
Last edited by cristiedge on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
cristiedge

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:45 am

Meggeh wrote:What if I own the main game on Steam, but not Coven? It is already linked to my account.

I'm not interesting in playing through Steam, is there a way to buy only the Coven through browser? Or do I have to buy it through Steam and then I'll be able to play on browser?

Yes, it's the second option once you click the promotion on the left;
https://image.prntscr.com/image/7nG9r5D ... unTKFA.png

However it'll be clickable for you and not faded gray like in my screenshot, as I own the expansion.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VgandalfV » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:58 am

That doesn't really solve anything I thought was the problem with the steam coven.

When will we be able to buy the steam version and the coven separately? I don't want the 2000 town points or the pet, I just want the coven... I would pay full price for the coven, not the extras.
VgandalfV

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:13 am

VgandalfV wrote:That doesn't really solve anything I thought was the problem with the steam coven.

When will we be able to buy the steam version and the coven separately? I don't want the 2000 town points or the pet, I just want the coven... I would pay full price for the coven, not the extras.

Read my post above yours. I just explained how to do that.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jerme » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:37 am

cristiedge wrote:When will the off-season be over?

Expect an announcement in a few days which will explain the situation.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby futurekazuya » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:03 am

will this be free to play someday?
futurekazuya

Postby Jerme » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:00 am

futurekazuya wrote:will this be free to play someday?

I highly doubt that Coven will be free to play.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dragonally » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:10 am

When I bought Town of Salem on Steam it came with special perks. Coven, however, didn't. I was disappointed, but I went with it. Now I'm pissed and I feel like I'm being ripped off. I already purchased the game-why should I purchase it AGAIN to get the perks that should have came with it in the first place and to play it on a browser? It's ludicrous to expect someone to pay for the same game twice. I will never spend another cent with this company, and every game I play from now on I'll be sure to spread the word on how this company likes to rip off those that actually purchase the game. Thanks for making me feel special!
Dragonally

Postby Rohesia33 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:14 am

I bought the web version of coven this morning, receipt showed up in my mail, was able to click on coven with ability to start game. I've just logged back in and no longer have access to coven, or anything that went with the sale.
Rohesia33
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby MagentaB » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:01 am

Do you need to log into the steam version to get the discount? I attempted to buy the browser version but it was still set at 5 dollars
MagentaB
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:21 pm

Dragonally wrote:When I bought Town of Salem on Steam it came with special perks. Coven, however, didn't. I was disappointed, but I went with it. Now I'm pissed and I feel like I'm being ripped off. I already purchased the game-why should I purchase it AGAIN to get the perks that should have came with it in the first place and to play it on a browser? It's ludicrous to expect someone to pay for the same game twice. I will never spend another cent with this company, and every game I play from now on I'll be sure to spread the word on how this company likes to rip off those that actually purchase the game. Thanks for making me feel special!

Coven still isn't coming with perks other than what was outlined here;
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=68622

Only the premium web version comes with items, such as Town Points, the exclusive pet, etc, which is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. (Emphasis on completely optional.)

You're not being ripped off.

Rohesia33 wrote:I bought the web version of coven this morning, receipt showed up in my mail, was able to click on coven with ability to start game. I've just logged back in and no longer have access to coven, or anything that went with the sale.

Do you have multiple accounts? Are you sure you're logging in with the correct version? Have you attempted again since then? Please post a screenshot here in the thread showing what you see when you try to use the Coven mode.

MagentaB wrote:Do you need to log into the steam version to get the discount? I attempted to buy the browser version but it was still set at 5 dollars

Yes, your account has to be linked with Steam, and own the Coven expansion to get the discounted price.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rohesia33 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:50 pm

Naru2008 wrote:Do you have multiple accounts? Are you sure you're logging in with the correct version? Have you attempted again since then? Please post a screenshot here in the thread showing what you see when you try to use the Coven mode.

I only have the one account, my son plays on Steam on the PCmy son plays via web browser with his own account on the PC, I play via web on my laptop. I only play on my laptop so that's where I always log in. I just checked with my son and it seems he uses my email for his Steam account, would that make a difference? We have different usernames, and I used the browser version to go to paypal to pay for it. I'm not sure how to check which account is linked to which email, but we logged into his ToS and he also does not have access to Coven expansion.

This is what I see when I try to use Coven mode
http://imgur.com/a/EZNNr
And when I click Buy Now (just in case it was a glitch)
http://imgur.com/a/lNFDv

Edit: Sorry a correction on this my son said he uses the web browser too.
Last edited by Rohesia33 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rohesia33
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby CrazyPerson629 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:57 pm

Dragonally wrote:When I bought Town of Salem on Steam it came with special perks. Coven, however, didn't. I was disappointed, but I went with it. Now I'm pissed and I feel like I'm being ripped off. I already purchased the game-why should I purchase it AGAIN to get the perks that should have came with it in the first place and to play it on a browser? It's ludicrous to expect someone to pay for the same game twice. I will never spend another cent with this company, and every game I play from now on I'll be sure to spread the word on how this company likes to rip off those that actually purchase the game. Thanks for making me feel special!

I can't go as far as to say ripped off... but there is no question that those who waited to buy are getting more than those who bought at Coven launch. (or close to it... I wasn't a day one player I don't think but I bought it soon as life allowed me time to play.)

It would be nice for the developers to throw in a free pet or house to steam Coven owners... (maybe a round house shaped like the steam logo?) and the town points.

Those who waited got a much better deal than those who bought early... that is for sure.

With that said I have been saying for a while that BMG needs to do something to get Coven sold so there are people playing it... if this move shortens wait times it is good for the community and game as a whole... but I would like a steam exclusive pet.
CrazyPerson629
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Jerme » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:43 am

I feel you are misunderstanding.
After you bought Coven once, either on Steam or Browser, you own it for that account, thus you do not have to re-purchase it. You can paly Coven with the Steam or Browserclient, regardless of where you bought it, when you are using an account you have it unlocked for.
Becuase of that I cannot see where a rip-off is taking place.
Coven itself does never come with special perks, neither in Browser nor on Steam.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby khakha1036 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:30 am

god bless the crusade, i want his ass so bad
Image Image
khakha1036
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby McJohn » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:57 am

I'll wait until they sell Coven by itself without premium nuffsed. When you realize your player count starts dropping don't be running around with your heads like their chopped off figuring out what happened. I had bought the game on steam on my computer, but my computer has been broke for sometime and I would like to play this, but I don't feel putting up $10 is well worth it in the least. Premium is a joke. Especially for users who don't have steam.
McJohn
Survivor
Survivor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:55 am

McJohn wrote:I'll wait until they sell Coven by itself without premium nuffsed. When you realize your player count starts dropping don't be running around with your heads like their chopped off figuring out what happened. I had bought the game on steam on my computer, but my computer has been broke for sometime and I would like to play this, but I don't feel putting up $10 is well worth it in the least. Premium is a joke. Especially for users who don't have steam.

Coven. Does. Not. Require. Premium. It. Is. Sold. Separately.

Naru2008 wrote:

Coven still isn't coming with perks other than what was outlined here;
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=68622

Only the premium web version comes with items, such as Town Points, the exclusive pet, etc, which is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. (Emphasis on completely optional.)

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:30 am

God, the Crusader is glorious. All I can say is good riddance to the people who'd rather leave the game than realize they're wrong, they're probably not the kind of playerbase anyone would want to play with.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Next

Return to Announcements