Patch 1.5.11 - The Cauldron and Taunts

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Re: Patch 1.5.11 - The Cauldron and Taunts

Postby YamiChan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:44 am

They definitely need to do something about the points. There's nothing really to use those silver ones on, and now they've made stuff all of us used to be able to buy to stuff only people with real money they're willing to spend can buy. And they say Taunts are supposed to be part of strategizing, but you can only use them if you pay real money?
YamiChan
Forger
Forger

Postby ElderSivart » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:38 am

YamiChan wrote:They definitely need to do something about the points. There's nothing really to use those silver ones on, and now they've made stuff all of us used to be able to buy to stuff only people with real money they're willing to spend can buy. And they say Taunts are supposed to be part of strategizing, but you can only use them if you pay real money?

Nothing? A majority of the items in the shop (almost everything but new stuff and taunts) can be bought with Merit Points.
As for taunts, I would assume they'll be rotated to MP eventually, as other items are. Maybe not, though. Either way, I don't think they add to the game that much, as they are anonymous so anyone could've sent a certain taunt.
ElderSivart
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby MashFlob » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:34 am

YamiChan wrote:They definitely need to do something about the points. There's nothing really to use those silver ones on, and now they've made stuff all of us used to be able to buy to stuff only people with real money they're willing to spend can buy. And they say Taunts are supposed to be part of strategizing, but you can only use them if you pay real money?

bullshit, taunts arent part of strategizing. In order to use it as a strategic advantage you would need to know who taunts and for that you need to cheat. Without it, it's just a premium cosmetic. Considering that its pretty fair that they finance their game through that, dont you think? Furthermore you can still buy a shit ton with town points. And even if you couldnt: why should a business give you cosmetics for free?

Town of salem is very far from pay to win and is very fair when it comes to pricing. You could play this game without spending a penny if you want, and not miss out.
MashFlob
Lookout
Lookout

Postby GyestZ » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:44 am

Coming to Mobile soon?

Spoiler: Im guessing when I become 44
GyestZ

Postby Rokayas » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:45 pm

MashFlob wrote:

bullshit, taunts arent part of strategizing. In order to use it as a strategic advantage you would need to know who taunts and for that you need to cheat. Without it, it's just a premium cosmetic. Considering that its pretty fair that they finance their game through that, dont you think? Furthermore you can still buy a shit ton with town points. And even if you couldnt: why should a business give you cosmetics for free?

Town of salem is very far from pay to win and is very fair when it comes to pricing. You could play this game without spending a penny if you want, and not miss out.

I have to agree with this. There is nothing in the game that makes it pay-to-win. Everything is cosmetic.The taunts were meant to be fun, and I think for the most part, that was accomplished! Other than being fun, they really shouldn't be a part of any kind of strategy.

Every game out there now has some kind of micro-transaction, this is just ToS's version. If you enjoy a game, you contribute how you want to; if that means buying coins for taunts or skins, what's the difference really?
If you know these characters, you may have seen me in-game.
Favorite Roles: Jesty, Investy, and Trans
Rokayas
Survivor
Survivor

Postby orangeandblack5 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:03 am

You can say "taunts shouldn't be a part of any strategy", but they can be, whether you think they should be or not. However, this is a small enough problem that simply disabling them in Ranked should be fine.
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Kikigiri » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:21 pm

Alternatively, they could just:

1. Display who is using them in the chat.

2. Not be usable by dead people.

This would remove the ability to use them to send messages which, I think, was not intended.

(I suspect they will be reluctant to remove them from Ranked because I think the whole reason they were added was to create a premium-only cosmetic consumable that was usable in Ranked. Removing it from ranked means giving up money from Ranked players.)
Please put the Witch in Coven mode. I miss it. :-(
Kikigiri
Jailor
Jailor

Postby YamiChan » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:42 pm

But the staff themselves have repeatedly stated Taunts can be used to strategize, such as intimidating someone and making them alert or protect themselves, etc.
YamiChan
Forger
Forger

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:01 am

YamiChan wrote:But the staff themselves have repeatedly stated Taunts can be used to strategize, such as intimidating someone and making them alert or protect themselves, etc.

That's not strategy lol
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Kikigiri » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:10 pm

YamiChan wrote:But the staff themselves have repeatedly stated Taunts can be used to strategize, such as intimidating someone and making them alert or protect themselves, etc.
I don't think they meant for taunts to give actual gameplay advantages. If so, I'd be 100% against that in any mode.
Please put the Witch in Coven mode. I miss it. :-(
Kikigiri
Jailor
Jailor

Postby WildGirl007 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:07 pm

:idea: You should make a way to convert merit points into town points!
I am getting pretty mad that I can't buy any skins any more.
Other than that, I love this game!
Keep up the good work!
:D
WildGirl007

Postby itsmejacob » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:00 pm

WildGirl007 wrote::idea: You should make a way to convert merit points into town points!
Keep up the good work!

To be honest I think it should be:

Convert 800 Merit Points into 100 Town Points

and another option to convert an item you have, into town points, but the refund is 50% only.

So if you trade in a skin that costed 600 Town Points, you'll get 300 back.
Favorite Roles: Jester, Forger, Jailor, Investigator, Godfather, Consigliere, BodyGuard, Veteran, Blackmailer, Janitor, and Amnesiac

IGN (In Game Name): -----

Game Modes I Play:
Most: Ranked
2nd Most: Custom

awa2001 wrote:Consigliere: You found the Arsonist!...Now what?
itsmejacob
Medium
Medium

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:55 pm

itsmejacob wrote:
WildGirl007 wrote::idea: You should make a way to convert merit points into town points!
Keep up the good work!

and another option to convert an item you have, into town points, but the refund is 50% only.

More like 80 Town Points, if we were to try to make it seem reasonable, but even then that'd be too much.

Also the conversion wouldn't be fair if you bought it with Merit Points, and then got half the Town Point value back.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

I DONT KNOW WHERE TO WRITE THIS BUT IDEA!

Postby ZappedGamerr » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:59 am

Okay i apologize in advanced because i have no idea where to post it. i just have an idea for the achievement browser, why not add a filter to view your most recent achievements first? (also if someone could direct me to where i can suggest ideas instead that'd be great thank you)
ZappedGamerr

Re: I DONT KNOW WHERE TO WRITE THIS BUT IDEA!

Postby orangeandblack5 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:28 am

ZappedGamerr wrote:Okay i apologize in advanced because i have no idea where to post it. i just have an idea for the achievement browser, why not add a filter to view your most recent achievements first? (also if someone could direct me to where i can suggest ideas instead that'd be great thank you)

viewforum.php?f=14
Spoiler:

orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby YamiChan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:28 am

They've said it's a strategy, and it is. If you know someone is Vet or TP and want to make them waste their ability for your benefit, you can send them a threatening Taunt.
YamiChan
Forger
Forger

Postby ARIANNUHAN » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:50 pm

Cant see either for tab :/
ARIANNUHAN
Medium
Medium

Postby ARIANNUHAN » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:53 pm

Naru2008 wrote:
itsmejacob wrote:
Keep up the good work!

More like 80 Town Points, if we were to try to make it seem reasonable, but even then that'd be too much.

Also the conversion wouldn't be fair if you bought it with Merit Points, and then got half the Town Point value back.

I'm up even for a conversion of 1 tp for 100 mp
I got 22000 or so mp and I don't know what to do with them. 1600 tp is all I have left. Bought that cool angel skin last time and wasted lotta tps
ARIANNUHAN
Medium
Medium

Postby abracadabralol » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:41 am

I agree that Arsonist is overpowered. But I think that we need to stop thinking that it's just Arsonist/Town. Mafia and other neutrals have problems with Arsonist too, yeah? Whenever I realize there's an Arsonist and I'm an evil role, I freak out because I'm absolutely screwed unless they die fast. If there's three mafia and something like the consigilere or the Godfather dies, the game is basically over at that point. Same with vampires who usually only have two members at a time. These are roles that have low winrates as well and by buffing Arsonist this much, you're making it take precedence over every other evil role. Yes, Arsonist needs a buff but not to the degree that it ruins the game for everyone that isn't town.

Another thing is that, from what I've seen although this is by no means a sample size or anything like that, Town wins *anyway*. So now we have a role that does little more than hurt other evil roles who everyone agrees need some help in pretty much every mode that isn't All Any (that I can't even play anymore now that the Arsonists have been added because there could be god knows how many of them and it isn't like you can find out) which only increases Town's chances of winning, basically.

And yes, I know there was a poll but sometimes things sound good in theory but not practice. I'm sure a lot of people that voted for both options were thinking about how they hate losing as the Arsonist because they're underpowered, not how much they would hate losing because of the Arsonist.
abracadabralol

Postby Jarmola » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:18 am

Not gonna spend money on this shit
Jarmola

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:52 am

Jarmola wrote:Not gonna spend money on this shit

Which is completely fine. You can actually get Town Points from the Cauldron, meaning you don't have to spend money. You don't have to buy Town Points (or Taunts) in order to play the game. They are completely optional.

Cheers!
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby testaccount1234 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:20 am

I like the Defiled taunt because I can now tell dumb townies/people that have made incredibly stupid moves a "f**k you" to them anonymously. Really makes me happy :)
testaccount1234
Godfather
Godfather

Postby itsmejacob » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:07 pm

testaccount1234 wrote:I like the Defiled taunt because I can now tell dumb townies/people that have made incredibly stupid moves a "f**k you" to them anonymously. Really makes me happy :)

Same here bruh, the peeing taunt feels WAY more insulting than a frog taunt. It's cool to be a frog, but it's NOT cool to be standing in a puddle.

(I have a Doge pet, so it makes it better when I taunt someone.)
Favorite Roles: Jester, Forger, Jailor, Investigator, Godfather, Consigliere, BodyGuard, Veteran, Blackmailer, Janitor, and Amnesiac

IGN (In Game Name): -----

Game Modes I Play:
Most: Ranked
2nd Most: Custom

awa2001 wrote:Consigliere: You found the Arsonist!...Now what?
itsmejacob
Medium
Medium

Postby ringmen » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:50 pm

What would happen if we own every 2000TP+ skin/bundle and we purchase a legendary potion?
ringmen
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:46 pm

Likely how it is with the other potions of the section, that you simply cannot buy it.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements