Gathering Feedback on Art Style

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Re: Gathering Feedback on Art Style

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:03 am

Chaseychase27 wrote:I actually quite like this style, especially in this case with the Santa's Little Helper pet. The thing with this style though is, in some cases it works, while with other cases, not really. The princess is one of my newer favorite cosmetics, and it seems to highlight this new style. However, then there's the prince which looks... a bit strange. In personal opinion, I'd say the more cartoon-y style works a lot better. (Ex. Santa's Little Helper, King, Princess, Archer)

Despite my little "rant" I actually quite like the new style, haha.

King came out well, Princess is pretty good, but the Archer I can't agree about. I think the Knight came out alright(My biggest problem is actually his mustache).
Santa's Little Helper looks good too imo. I think it's not quite the style of how it's drawn that matters, but just what the finished product actually looks like i.e. that thing we call a "Prince"
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby aeka101 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:31 pm

Pls don't change it, I think the both of the styles actually very creative and unique, but for me I prefer the old one.
aeka101

Postby AdamBladeTaylor » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:26 pm

I prefer the old style. The faces and eyes worked well.
The new style isn't terrible (except for the royals), but the two different styles don't work together. You need to pick one or the other and make all characters match.
AdamBladeTaylor
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby MasterGenbu » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:42 pm

honestly i love the new War-Torn Santa and Elf. But the new royal court seems odd compared to the original townie.....I'm a fan of the old style so personally I didn't like some of the new characters. The elf being a background character is cute and doesn't draw to much attention even with it being a different style. I think you should keep litle helper just the way she is. Maybe consider doing something with the prince...he is the creepy one.
MasterGenbu

Previous

Return to Announcements