Patch 1.5.0 Patch Notes

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Re: Patch 1.5.0 Patch Notes

Postby princessbinas » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:17 pm

I better change my game strategies. At least I won't have to change my Jester plan. :)
Spoiler: Names Used:
*Deidara *Dani Phantom
*Tobi *Naruto
*Sakura *Peridot
*North Italy *XANA
*Odd Della Robbia
*Shippo *Inuyasha
*Ben Ten *Castiel

Fave Roles:
*Arsonist *Vampire
*Jester *Survivor

(/_
(°\〉,Art is a bang, un!
/ @ \
princessbinas
Lookout
Lookout

Postby pod764 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:06 am

Patch 1.5.2: "Yuan Itor"-Genius.
Toco
Kmenx wrote:No one cares about your stupid ToS ranked players and stupid ToS ranked.
pod764
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Elux666 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:53 am

I know this is probably late, but I like the new Investigator results! it's kinda a useful debuff if you aren't Investigator...
Elux666
Witch
Witch

Postby FrozenNewk » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:01 pm

The patch is awesome!! I like it but If u don't mind me asking... Can u add more youtuber skins.. I'd like to see ChilledChaos, Seananners, Minx, and finally any random 1. But 4 now, I like the update. Keep up the good work gents!! :D

I would also like to see some newer skins 4 the people who don't like looking dead or serious. It would appeal to all people who like looking like a everyday person. And i'd like a new role.. something to add to the sheriff or investigator side of things. If u do that, the game i'll be a 10/10 3.me!!!
FrozenNewk
Executioner
Executioner

Postby opticmistic » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:38 am

Yuan Itor? Ling Ling the panda???

cmon.

so racist.
Last edited by opticmistic on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
opticmistic
Jester
Jester

Postby mathuect » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:07 pm

Jester Role changes:

I think it would be a good idea to make jesters ALWAYS have 3 choices for the haunt. I always get townies "taking one for the team" and it ruins the role of jester to only get to kill one person. If there are less than 3 guilty votes, then the random haunts should come from the abstainers, because silence only benefits the oppressor, never the oppressed.
This would also make the game more interesting, making people actually vote so that there is less chance to be randomly haunted.
mathuect

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:52 pm

mathuect wrote:Jester Role changes:

I think it would be a good idea to make jesters ALWAYS have 3 choices for the haunt. I always get townies "taking one for the team" and it ruins the role of jester to only get to kill one person. If there are less than 3 guilty votes, then the random haunts should come from the abstainers, because silence only benefits the oppressor, never the oppressed.
This would also make the game more interesting, making people actually vote so that there is less chance to be randomly haunted.

3 kills is way too much. Jester can wipe the whole Mafia out of Eliminate town. It's just too much punishment. And well the abstain era are the ones who didn't fall in his trap but now they gotta pay because jester needs to be chaotic as fuck?
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby ProvidenceAve » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:42 pm

I think Jester is pretty well balanced. I still see Jesters "accidentally" being hung by town now and then. From my perspective, the game is centered around Townies vs. Mafia with the neutral roles really mixing things up but never overshadowing the main rivalry in the game between maf \ townie. Some Neutral Roles are easier to win with, where others are hard to borderline impossible to win with. I have never seen an arso or witch win (well without someone throwing the game), but those roles really mix things up.
ProvidenceAve
Jester
Jester

Postby Miass » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:26 pm

FrozenNewk wrote:The patch is awesome!! I like it but If u don't mind me asking... Can u add more youtuber skins.. I'd like to see ChilledChaos, Seananners, Minx, and finally any random 1. But 4 now, I like the update. Keep up the good work gents!! :D

Those Youtuber skins are exclusive to select members as part of a promotional event months before I came around, so you're out of luck. Also, I think Minx already has one (not that I know who he/she is).
Miass
Survivor
Survivor

Postby opticmistic » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:00 am

randomguyhavingfun wrote:

3 kills is way too much. Jester can wipe the whole Mafia out of Eliminate town. It's just too much punishment. And well the abstain era are the ones who didn't fall in his trap but now they gotta pay because jester needs to be chaotic as fuck?

I don't think he meant 3 kills. He meant what he said - 3 choices. If one person "takes one for the team" then they're the one who dies without question. He's saying that regardless of who votes guilty, innocent or abstains - the jester should get at the very least a choice of 3 people to kill - in which the jester selects only 1 person. He's just saying the choices should be broadened - so he can choose who to kill instead of being forced to pick the guy who took one for the team.
opticmistic
Jester
Jester

Postby GifttheGiver » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:56 pm

Jester is perfectly fine as it is.

What's not is the FUCKING MAYOR NERF.

AND THE VAMPIRE BUFF.
GifttheGiver
Veteran
Veteran

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:09 am

GifttheGiver wrote:Jester is perfectly fine as it is.

AND THE VAMPIRE BUFF.

These are both needed and they fit more than well into the game. Congrats BMG in despite this waiting you brought us some good changes

the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby strenuus » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:36 am

opticmistic wrote:

I don't think he meant 3 kills. He meant what he said - 3 choices. If one person "takes one for the team" then they're the one who dies without question. He's saying that regardless of who votes guilty, innocent or abstains - the jester should get at the very least a choice of 3 people to kill - in which the jester selects only 1 person. He's just saying the choices should be broadened - so he can choose who to kill instead of being forced to pick the guy who took one for the team.

Technically, if it's only one person who votes guilty on jester... it's not the one who dies without question. I've done the "only guilty vote" on people when people didn't know I was trans, and I have an idea who mafia is. Then I just trans myself with that person, they die, and I'm confirmed. I do it mostly when I have a solid lead and close to late game and I know a couple roles already.
strenuus
Witch
Witch

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:37 am

Kirize12 wrote:

AND THE VAMPIRE BUFF.

These are both needed and they fit more than well into the game. Congrats BMG in despite this waiting you brought us some good changes

Neither of those changes are borderline good.

Both of these changes are more than just good.

the psychaiatrist

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:16 am

Kirize12 wrote:

AND THE VAMPIRE BUFF.

Neither of those changes are borderline good.

You're right, they aren't boarder line good. The they're boarder line amazing.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby Shafaet » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:22 pm

Fanta-istic! Awesome patch, loving the new changes for the results investigator gets, made the game much better, nerfed mayor was great too, best update ever by this game and I literally have no complains about it!
A Cold blooded townie.

I fight Justice and Honor!
I shall Lynch the Evildoers and bring Peace to our town!
Shafaet
Jester
Jester

Postby Technetium » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:12 pm

Kirize12 wrote:Does no one realize one can easily start a whisper game as Jailor?

Or as any of the many many many confirmable Townies?

In memory of those who have been deleted.
The last poster to survive Blindside Island will win a cookie. Or perhaps 1500...
Technetium#8515 on Discord
Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby testaccount1234 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:04 am

Technetium wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:Does no one realize one can easily start a whisper game as Jailor?

That strategy only works with smart players. If more than 1/3 of the players aren't pros, the whisper game won't work.
testaccount1234
Godfather
Godfather

Postby RAmcius » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:40 am

why Jester need 3 choices? Jester have no side, he achieved his goal, fooled people to lynch him, sometimes i tell people it's jester, they still going for it, and in result i should have chance die cause of them not listening? also, if you make that, people will be more afraid of hang Jester, so will be harder to win for them
Call me Ramcius, capital a was an accident
RAmcius
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:09 am

Technetium wrote:

Ok then
BMG if you can't fix every flaw in the game you might as well fix none because that is common sense.

Like hell guys do you even realize what you are saying?

the psychaiatrist

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:32 am

Kirize12 wrote:
Technetium wrote:

Ok then
BMG if you can't fix every flaw in the game you might as well fix none because that is common sense.

BMG can stop massclaims for good tho.

if it takes 4 months for a couple changes then it is hardly surprising the change will happen periodacally

the psychaiatrist

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby dagreenrabbit » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:51 am

Kirize12 wrote:
Technetium wrote:

Ok then

well just making mayor not whisper-abled anymore is a big debuff to town too tho
but claims are pretty necessary in this game, including massclaims
how many times did you see town (or in this case if you wanna play with jailor one, so be it) just lynched another town bc both claims are good, but the bad one has more convincing and you feel like "this guy shouldn't be evil" and you realise that you've been fooled at the end, either day or game?
it's just how deceptive and manipulating the evil doer are, and so they can get the win
just don't got scumread tho, it's all about how you play it too
fav roles: med, jailor, mafioso, framer, forger, janitor, BM, witch, jest, exe
roles i don't mind: amne, vet, sk, ww, arso, investigative, RBers, vet, vig, protective, mayor, trans
roles i don't like: surv, ret, gf, vamp
i'm a serious townie, cold-blooded mafia, and a confusing neutral player
names you might find: oh well, cereal killer, meow

i found out putting my role ideas is pointless lmao
dagreenrabbit
Spy
Spy

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:15 am

dagreenrabbit wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
Technetium wrote:

Ok then

well just making mayor not whisper-abled anymore is a big debuff to town too tho
but claims are pretty necessary in this game, including massclaims
how many times did you see town (or in this case if you wanna play with jailor one, so be it) just lynched another town bc both claims are good, but the bad one has more convincing and you feel like "this guy shouldn't be evil" and you realise that you've been fooled at the end, either day or game?
it's just how deceptive and manipulating the evil doer are, and so they can get the win
just don't got scumread tho, it's all about how you play it too

Mass claims are not neccesary until late game. Then they can really not be stopped and should not.Claims are neccesary but that is off topic. The aspect of the game isn't changed. The problem is that when assclaims happen too early town is in an severe advantage as they know know which roles are contradicting and can cooperate more efficiently while not letting scum adjust their claim and narrowing suspects very effectively.

the psychaiatrist

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby testaccount1234 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:57 pm

Can we stop this pointless argument about whisper games. It's getting to the point where it has nothing to do with the Patch.

Speaking of the Patch, why are the new skins similar to the leader of Team Mystic and the other lesser teams? I have a feeling that the devs been playing Pokemon Go for a while.

EDIT: I'm annoyed that the leave button is so close to the Will button.
testaccount1234
Godfather
Godfather

Postby LauraTheSssnake » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:46 am

testaccount1234 wrote:Can we stop this pointless argument about whisper games. It's getting to the point where it has nothing to do with the Patch.

Speaking of the Patch, why are the new skins similar to the leader of Team Mystic and the other lesser teams? I have a feeling that the devs been playing Pokemon Go for a while.

EDIT: I'm annoyed that the leave button is so close to the Will button.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one annoyed about this haha. The amount of times I've almost pressed leave is crazy.
I've seen people put their favourite roles here so I may as well. Also, mine are rather out of the ordinary xD
Favourite roles: Witch (Yes, I'm weird like that), Spy and WW
Least favourite roles: Surv, Amne, Retri and Arso
LauraTheSssnake
Jester
Jester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements