Patch 1.4.4 Angels and Demons!

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Re: Patch 1.4.4 Angels and Demons!

Postby Tommyboypsp » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:35 am

So how to activate the forum title? :)

EDIT:
Also, is there a way to download the soundtrack without having a DropBox account?

Thanks,

Tommyboypsp
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Jerme » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:24 am

The forumtitle/flair will be activated later, either will it be activated automaticly or done by an admin...

ABotu your edit: Yes, you can download it without a dropbox account. Just decline the dialog and you should be good to go (worked for me)
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby beefbowl » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:16 am

awesome set <3
beefbowl
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby dbz » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:53 am

Yay, I received my codes late last night and just redeemed them. Can't wait to use the crimson reaper skin <3

Switched to crimson reaper skin. Played 2 games. Killed n1 in both games. #FeelsBadMan
Last edited by Nellyfox on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts
You'll usually find me in classic ranked games, playing as the name Reaper.

dbz
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Cheikisha » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:55 am

dbz wrote:
Cheikisha wrote:Got my code. Doesn't work :/ yay me.

Their latest Kickstarter update says to message them directly on Kickstarter if you didn't get your codes or if you did and they don't work. I've sent mine to them a few hours ago. Waiting for my codes.

I did :( they emailed me a new code and when I put it in, it makes the sound like it works but no congratulations message appears and my rewards don't show up even after I log out and log back in. How am I gonna be Elvis the Reaper now, Vegeta?!!

Super sad.
Elvis was here.

And I will not die N1 !
Cheikisha
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Nellyfox » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:58 am

Please do not double post, thanks. :)

Friendly reminder: moneyshaming is against the rules, so if people harass you or kill/lynch you specifically for your cosmetics it's reportable.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby dbz » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:03 am

Sorry about double posting. I just wanted to make people aware that even in ranked people like to kill those with the new skins. It's pretty obvious they are killing me for that reason but they don't state it so I can't really report it.

Cheikisha wrote:I did :( they emailed me a new code and when I put it in, it makes the sound like it works but no congratulations message appears and my rewards don't show up even after I log out and log back in. How am I gonna be Elvis the Reaper now, Vegeta?!!

Super sad.

Omg you are Elvis?!

Have you tried to e-mail them again to let them know that you aren't getting the congratulations message / rewards?

dbz
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby roya66 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:09 pm

i onlly hope that you guys can add more girl skins im starting to think you made this game mostlly for boys T_T T_T T_T
roya66

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:29 pm

roya66 wrote:i onlly hope that you guys can add more girl skins im starting to think you made this game mostlly for boys T_T T_T T_T

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39912

The amount of male to female skins means nothing.

There are anime with more male characters than female characters, but doesn't mean they are tailored for boys. That logic thinking is flawed. :geek:
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cheikisha » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:50 pm

dbz wrote:Sorry about double posting. I just wanted to make people aware that even in ranked people like to kill those with the new skins. It's pretty obvious they are killing me for that reason but they don't state it so I can't really report it.

Cheikisha wrote:I did :( they emailed me a new code and when I put it in, it makes the sound like it works but no congratulations message appears and my rewards don't show up even after I log out and log back in. How am I gonna be Elvis the Reaper now, Vegeta?!!

Super sad.

Omg you are Elvis?!

Have you tried to e-mail them again to let them know that you aren't getting the congratulations message / rewards?

Yes I'm Elvis xD I did, no reply yet :3
Elvis was here.

And I will not die N1 !
Cheikisha
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby roya66 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:01 am

Naru2008 wrote:
roya66 wrote:i onlly hope that you guys can add more girl skins im starting to think you made this game mostlly for boys T_T T_T T_T

http://blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewto ... 11&t=39912

There are anime with more male characters than female characters, but doesn't mean they are tailored for boys. That logic thinking is flawed. :geek:

well first thank you for your understanding and saying that my way of thinking is flawed thank you so much. :| :| :| its obviouse that your a boy not a girl trying to pick a skin and realize that there are 22 male skins but only 7 female skins and what if for example i wanted to be an invest should i change my gender and become a male in the game?? :( :cry: :cry: all im saying is that i hope they make more female skin for diffrent roles too.
roya66

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:08 am

In an ideal world there will be a male and female skin for every role in the game, but that will take time

Anyway, just because there are more male skins doesn't mean it's tailored more towards a male audience, just look at Mario, just becuase the main character's a guy doesn't mean it can't be equally enjoyed by everyone

Spoiler: I'm probably just going to lurk forever, posting occasionally
But if there ever comes a point where my account speaks its last
Know that it was a pleasure to be here, especially in Forum Games
During my teenage years, this place was my first real community
Thank you all so much for playing silly games with me
I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Cheikisha » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:17 am

roya66 wrote:
Naru2008 wrote:

http://blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewto ... 11&t=39912

well first thank you for your understanding and saying that my way of thinking is flawed thank you so much. :| :| :| its obviouse that your a boy not a girl trying to pick a skin and realize that there are 22 male skins but only 7 female skins and what if for example i wanted to be an invest should i change my gender and become a male in the game?? :( :cry: :cry: all im saying is that i hope they make more female skin for diffrent roles too.

I'm a girl with a male skin :L I see a lot of girl players too. Male skin doesn't mean male gender. Just as using the male bathroom doesn't make you a man...or is that too soon....?
Elvis was here.

And I will not die N1 !
Cheikisha
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:41 pm

Cheikisha wrote:
roya66 wrote:
Naru2008 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39912

I'm a girl with a male skin :L I see a lot of girl players too. Male skin doesn't mean male gender. Just as using the male bathroom doesn't make you a man...or is that too soon....?

...A bit, maybe. But let's not take this thread in that direction. :v

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dbz » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:14 pm

Cheikisha wrote:I'm a girl with a male skin :L I see a lot of girl players too. Male skin doesn't mean male gender. Just as using the male bathroom doesn't make you a man...or is that too soon....?

I'm a girl that uses a male skin as well...and a male name lol. But I'm alright with using the male skins. I like them better than the female ones that are currently available. Plus that crimson grim reaper one <33 It will still be interesting when an update is released in the near future with more female skins, though. I'm intrigued to see the new additions.

dbz
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Nellyfox » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:06 pm

Female with a male skin. I don't see the big deal about the skins because they're just cosmetics and don't really affect anything at all.
back in my day there were only 5 skins anyway.........
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:22 pm

Nellyfox wrote:Female with a male skin. I don't see the big deal about the skins because they're just cosmetics and don't really affect anything at all.
back in my day there were only 5 skins anyway.........

I remember those days...from watching videos, anyways. :v

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby WolfDragon222 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:33 am

I really like it alot, but how do you get Millicent Moneybags, the Crimson Reaper and the Pig? (I forgot his name xD)
You may have seen me play as Faboo Pineapples
Fave Roles: Arsonist, Consigliere, Godfather, Jailor, Investigator
Least Fave Roles: Vigilante, Retributionist, BodyGuard, Transporter
WolfDragon222

Postby VoidRuler » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:30 am

I usually reply early to these, but I've been pre-occupied recently so this is my late response to the new patch (if anyone cares).

I'm glad the Angels & Demons cosmetics weren't scrapped entirely, even though I would've preferred them to be free like initially promised. I really like those cosmetics, probably won't purchase any right now though considering everyone's using them and I try to be unique, even though it doesn't really matter (went into a Ranked game with like 5 Uriel skins).

I'm really happy tips got introduced, though as this thread points out; some of them have problems. I haven't seen them all considering I haven't been playing a lot recently and I'm pretty tired at the time of writing this, but this one on random lynching is definitely a problem; because passive towns are already rampant among newer players and this just encourages that even more.

Adding rules into the game somewhere and improving mobile are good things to hear; as are bug fixes, but those are to be expected.

dbz wrote:
Cheikisha wrote:I'm a girl with a male skin :L I see a lot of girl players too. Male skin doesn't mean male gender. Just as using the male bathroom doesn't make you a man...or is that too soon....?

I'm a girl that uses a male skin as well...and a male name lol. But I'm alright with using the male skins. I like them better than the female ones that are currently available. Plus that crimson grim reaper one <33 It will still be interesting when an update is released in the near future with more female skins, though. I'm intrigued to see the new additions.

I understand where you're coming from, I don't really see why people care so much about what gender the skin they use is. In games in general, I choose whichever character/model I like best, regardless of gender/race/etc.

If the pronouns used in game really bother someone, maybe during character customization, that's where you can choose what you want to be referred to as (considering male skins use he/him pronouns)? Default will just have someone referred to by as they, because I'm sure if the default was he, then there'd get backlash from people who think BMG is sexist. You can choose from they/he/she, they being included as an option considering some people don't like to give their gender online or are non-binary and/or intersex.
VoidRuler
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:06 am

WolfDragon222 wrote:I really like it alot, but how do you get Millicent Moneybags, the Crimson Reaper and the Pig? (I forgot his name xD)

Those are KickStarter perks. You have to have donated to the KickStart to get them.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Deaky04 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:04 pm

I really like the Uriel death animation, really did great with that one! Everything looks great, can't wait till 1.5.0!!! :D
Deaky04
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Accident

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:35 pm

NotTylerM wrote:Just read forum etiquette. Post is old. Forgot to read the time this was posted. My bad. Disregard

?

You're fine posting only eight days later...
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby TehBeast » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:07 pm

NotTylerM wrote:Just read forum etiquette. Post is old. Forgot to read the time this was posted. My bad. Disregard

Also, it's in the Global Announcements, I think you can necro on those, not sure though.
TehBeast
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:05 pm

TehBeast wrote:

Also, it's in the Global Announcements, I think you can necro on those, not sure though.

Correct, but we usually remove them once they aren't valid anymore or relevant (another patch) so we'll un-global and then lock it. ^^

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby moskus6 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:19 pm

Gamethrowing or not?

Hi. I'm kind of new on the forums, and I don't know if this is the best place to put my comment. A friend of me ,without a forum user, was playing a game of ranked practice. He was the godfather. At the start of the game, a victim of the serial killer had a deathnote saying that the serial killer would help the town. The serial killer revealed something like d2 or d3 in the chat, saying that he would support the town. The serial killer was not put on trial. At one of the later rounds, the sk was left with about two mafia members including my friend, a janitor and three or four town members. The town tried to vote the mafia members up, but the sk abstained, making the game continue until there was only the gf, a vigilante and the sk left. The vig lynched me instead of the sk, with a reason of the sk had "helped the town", when his only efforts was killing a town member at the start, and a janitor in the late game. He also hadn't donated any votes to favor the town. The sk actually won the game, without having shown any skills at either guessing peoples roles or being clever in the chat.

I was wondering if this should be reported. If it should be reported, I was wondering who to report. I would appreciate it if someone could share their opinion on this. I could understand that a single town member or a slight few of the townies would consider the sk a good thing, but there were almost ten people that didn't vote up the sk, even they would have gained an advantage from doing so. Really appreciate any comments.
moskus6

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements