Mobile Status Update

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Re: Mobile Status Update

Postby FrogePrincess » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:19 pm

Awesome!

I'm a big fan and a Graphic Designer so if you need help or someone to review I would totally help! For free (I may charge making some even cuter skins or pets though! ;) )
I also have some light programming background, but much more designy-stuff.

Again, love it-but it could look nicer ;D

I also will glady beta ALL devices I can (Andriod&Windows Phone, and Tablets!)
FrogePrincess
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby AZ42 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:32 pm

Hey it's the end of february when is the release
AZ42

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:22 pm

AZ42 wrote:Hey it's the end of february when is the release

The release was moved to roughly March, as they decided to re-write the coding.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CarmenK74 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:19 am

How do you compensate for the inevitable disparity in browser players and mobile players? Will there be mobile-only games?
Image Image Image
CarmenK74
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby AwesomeJus » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:23 am

SecondClass wrote:How do you compensate for the inevitable disparity in browser players and mobile players? Will there be mobile-only games?

I think they said that the two will be separate already.
AwesomeJus

Postby orangeandblack5 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:06 am

AwesomeJus wrote:
SecondClass wrote:How do you compensate for the inevitable disparity in browser players and mobile players? Will there be mobile-only games?

I think they said that the two will be separate already.

They have. SecondClass was just gone for a while. :P
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Milarvoz » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:11 pm

Awesome! I cannot wait to play on my phone!
Just a few expectations...
1. not much space taking
well on the phone i don't even expect colorful pictures and all the random stuff, make it fully text-based (so smallest space), and for all the stuff make it like windows that can open and minimize.
2.account same as the one on PC
I have experienced sooooo many games or whatever that the mobile version is different, so on the mobile one I have to restart everything... and i don't want that on ToS

Thank you for all the work on ToS!!!!
Milarvoz

Postby shapesifter13 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:02 pm

We are working on finishing everything up that needs to be finished. It seems when we decided to pick a time for a release something comes up, so in the hopes of avoiding that jinx we don't have a solid time for release currently.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Kirahicks » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:17 am

I hope there is no login errors like the PC version.
Kirahicks
Witch
Witch

Postby iggyvolz » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:28 pm

Naru2008 wrote:

If I was running the coding for this project, it would go like this:
  • Initial announcement - I should have it done by next week, it's just code right?
  • 1 week later - I got on a little roadblock, next week for sure.
  • 1 week later - Almost done with all the code, I'll just wrap it up over the next couple of days
  • 1 week later - I found a cool new library that will make it much better, it will be completed in a few weeks
  • 1 month later - I don't understand any of this code anymore. Rewriting from scratch.
  • 1 year later - So I think I'm going to take another shot at this and rewrite it.
  • 1000 years later - There is a chance that it might be completed before the sun engulfs Earth.
Greatest failures/shitshows:
iggyvolz
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby murat1996 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:39 pm

iggyvolz wrote:
Naru2008 wrote:

If I was running the coding for this project, it would go like this:
  • Initial announcement - I should have it done by next week, it's just code right?
  • 1 week later - Almost done with all the code, I'll just wrap it up over the next couple of days
  • 1 week later - I found a cool new library that will make it much better, it will be completed in a few weeks
  • 1 month later - I don't understand any of this code anymore. Rewriting from scratch.
  • 1 year later - So I think I'm going to take another shot at this and rewrite it.
  • 1000 years later - There is a chance that it might be completed before the sun engulfs Earth.

Damn it Iggy, they won't be around in 1000 years.

But where is your 10 years and 100 years joke at?
33-40-3 : My FM Record

Hosted: VFM13

My discord is fluffymurat#2318 if you really want it I guess...it's now a legacy name.

My discord is just fluffymurat
murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby shapesifter13 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:20 pm

iggyvolz wrote:If I was running the coding for this project, it would go like this:

So much truth.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby JARcast » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:04 am

Will it take alot of memory space?
JARcast

Postby jaybones2 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:01 pm

I love this game but unfortunitly I cant enjoy at home, soon I can enjoy ANYWHERES
jaybones2

Postby mekankan22 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:52 am

I'm really, REALLY hoping there's a local multiplayer version for this. What I mean is that people can connect on a single local connection (via WiFi) and play Town Of Salem. my friends and I really enjoyed playing Town of Salem, as well as Mafia/Werewolf but sometimes I get tired because I'm ALWAYS the game master and I can't play with them. It's hard to put in words what I'm imagining right now. I don't know how to start saying this but here goes: What I think would be great is that if Town of Salem mobile will support offline multiplayer games where people will connect to 1 local connection (WiFi) and then the leader (1st person at lobby) will start whenever the participants are all there in the lobby. Then the same role-selection-wheel-thingy happens and tells the players their roles blah blah blah. Then at the day cycle people will talk IN PERSON. What I mean is that instead of chatting in phone, people can talk in real life. And based on my experience, talking in real life is MUCH MUCH MORE FUN. Ok. Moving on, at night cycle everyone SHOULD look at their phone. As I was typing this, I've encountered a problem: the cheaters. Cheaters are those people that watch other people and deduce what their role is based on how they press buttons, indicating they have night abilities. These are mostly people with no night abilities, so to fix that, they will "play" a simple game of button pressing so that they will be forced to look at their phones and not at other people. And, if players with night abilities also cheat, then maybe they will also have to play the button-pressing game to preoccupy them. Ok. After the players choose their targets etc etc It will be day (I'll be discussing more about the mafia chat later, I'll go over the important mechanics first). Then comes the day, the ones that died will be announced etc. Then discussion again blah blah blah. Now for the voting. THIS VOTING THING is what's very hard to do without help from technology. One of the problems that I encountered playing ToS in real life is that it's very had to count votes, and that people tend to change votes quite so often. After voting, if a person has enough votes to be put on trial, a trial begins. The person will then explain to the whole group why he is inno blah blah. Then guilty or not guilty voting with the help of technology again. Then day ends.

Now for the mafia. People might say it's hard to communicate with phones since the cheaters might just search for people that are typing and thus deduce they're mafia. So one thing that'll have to be removed from mobile ToS is mafia chatting at night. But this does not mean that other mafia members will not be able to see what their fellow members chose to target(also, I forgot, at the start of the game, of course players will choose a name and tell it to the other players so that they will know who you are. Using your real name as your username is encouraged to avoid confusion.) so Spies still have a use in the game, though severely diminished in terms of usefulness.

That's roughly what I imagined mobile ToS would, and SHOULD, be. I'll bet my whole family's soul that it will be a huge hit and will be VERY fun. It might be tedious to do the coding but I really, really hope it will be like that. I'm writing this half asleep so I'm very sorry for the poor grammar and sentence construction. I hope you will still get what I mean. Thanks for reading everything and happy playing!
mekankan22

Postby Chilly1234 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:57 am

I hope this doesn't end in disaster territory, and I hope this goes well.
I am the master of knowing somethings you may not know. And come get help from me if you need it.

FM Record: 1-2-1
Spoiler: NFM13 - Framer - Draw
9C - Arsonist - lost
NFM15 - Lookout - Won
NFM26 - Vigilante - loss
Chilly1234
Veteran
Veteran

Postby orangeandblack5 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:15 pm

mekankan22 wrote:-snip-

I had actually considered doing something like this as a summer project.
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby dota2reporter » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:23 pm

Few mbs?
*imsert excellent gif*
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Postby mekankan22 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:40 am

orangeandblack5 wrote:
mekankan22 wrote:-snip-

I had actually considered doing something like this as a summer project.

Well, if the developers aren't planning on making this possible, you COULD ask them permission (which I hope they will give you) to create it. I really love the idea of local multiplayer.
mekankan22

Postby psy890 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Jordarrian wrote:
JARcast wrote:Will it take alot of memory space?

Probably not, it would most likely take up only a few MB. But it will require lots of wifi/mobile data

The steam version takes up 950 MB.

Ideally there will be the option of downloading low resolution or high resolution textures.
psy890

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:18 pm

psy890 wrote:
Jordarrian wrote:
JARcast wrote:Will it take alot of memory space?

Probably not, it would most likely take up only a few MB. But it will require lots of wifi/mobile data

The steam version takes up 950 MB.

Ideally there will be the option of downloading low resolution or high resolution textures.

Um, no?

Where did you get this..?

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:07 pm

We are doing everything we can to make sure our game has the smallest footprint possible, both on memory and hard drive space.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby SpyderCanopus » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:02 am

Naru2008 wrote:
psy890 wrote:The steam version takes up 950 MB.

Um, no?

It says it requires 500MB on the Steam store page.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/334230

MINIMUM:
Processor: 2 Ghz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 500 MB available space
SpyderCanopus
Investigator
Investigator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:34 am

SpyderCanopus wrote:
Naru2008 wrote:
psy890 wrote:The steam version takes up 950 MB.

Um, no?

It says it requires 500MB on the Steam store page.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/334230

MINIMUM:
Processor: 2 Ghz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 500 MB available space

Was referring to the later part of the originally quoted post about options to download low and high-rez.. ._.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby psy890 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:00 pm

For the steam version, if you right click on Town of Salem -> Properties ->Local Files it will tell you the disk usage. For me it is 950 MB.

As far as the texture options, I have never heard of it from BMG, I was saying Ideally it will be included. This is done on other mobile games, and even on some PC games. The option of low texture resolutions would give people with low phone storage the ability to install the game.

Edit: Most of the space is from the img folder, taking up 832 MB. The houses subfolder takes up 660 MB of that.
psy890

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements