Taunt/Emote System

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Re: Taunt/Emote System

Postby Whiteangel » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:24 am

I think it's a sweet little idea, but it interferes too much in the game. IN think there should be a new, 'taunting' mode, so that you aren't forced to use the system.
Whiteangel
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Idontno6 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:24 am

When is this coming out again?
Idontno6

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:36 pm

koos900koos wrote:Could Instead of adding that to everyone maybe make a new role if that is possible of the taunter. It would be a member of the mafia.

Weakest role ever
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby CheesyBaconX8 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:53 am

this is AMAZING!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: question: would this be available for the Web Browser version of the game, or just the Steam version?
CheesyBaconX8

Postby CheesyBaconX8 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:58 am

LOVE THE IDEA!!! Agreeing with another player, having your avatar/character do a little dance, or stick their tongue out would be a good add-on to the emote system. And adding a HIDE EMOTE button for grouchy players might be good so they don't rampage on you like PO'd grandpas.
CheesyBaconX8

Postby FiveCentimeter » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:57 pm

I didn't read every comment so sorry if it was already suggested:

It would be cool if there were a few roles with a unique taunt:
example SK can put their knife on someones door to indicate he will be his next target

Disguiser or jester could have some tauntoptions that are the same as other rolespecific taunts, just to confuse everyone
FiveCentimeter
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:02 pm

FiveCentimeter wrote:I didn't read every comment so sorry if it was already suggested:

It would be cool if there were a few roles with a unique taunt:
example SK can put their knife on someones door to indicate he will be his next target

Disguiser or jester could have some tauntoptions that are the same as other rolespecific taunts, just to confuse everyone

This would reveal these roles early on giving town an small advantage from now. The only roles with which it can work is godfather, mafioso and jailor. And Mayberry the neutral killing could all share one

the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby morid » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:52 pm

taunt of courage
taunt of don't wory im with you :D
morid

Postby KingJohn20 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:48 am

Great idea! The taunt/emote system will definitely make the game more fun! Please add the dab (somehow) into the system
KingJohn20
Jester
Jester

Postby spiritbar11 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:32 am

This sounds really cool! I hope you guys can make it work.
spiritbar11

Postby sugarsugarbanana » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:09 am

this is nice!
only certain roles should have scary taunts..
only killing maf should have taunts in mafias(gf and mafioso), they might spam one player if all of them have taunts...
and maybe a different taunts for nk
sugarsugarbanana

Postby CRNx » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:58 pm

I think that that is an awesome idea! :)

Here are some taunt/emote suggestions:
- Player x wears a __insert scary mask here__ and knocks on Player y's window
- Player x leaves gnomes in Player y's yard
- Player x howls outside of Player y's window
- Player x places mannequins around Player y's house
- Player x points at Player y and crosses their throat
- Player x makes a face at player y
- Player x walks by player y and drops a skull
- Player x walks up to player y and stares blankly
CRNx

Postby markster1270 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:28 pm

So this is the so called big 1.6 update lol. Just more stuff only "premium" players can get when Town of Salem is Free to play. Pathetic
Also "Trying not to starve to death" lmao
markster1270

Postby an9rypen9uin456 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

maybe something like this:
P1 chooses to taunt p12
the effect is random. i like the ones you stated, but what about something like eerie ghosts swarming the persons house?
maybe even class specific taunts or emotes. or skin specific.
an9rypen9uin456
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby wolfy0312 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:47 pm

I like the Taunt Idea. But it's not enough to keep me playing this game. I really enjoyed it when I first started. But then you got more and more trolls coming on and ruining the experience. All because you chose people like Markiplier and Pewdiepie to play your game. They pander to kids and all around immature audiences (Not all. But most). Then these ridiculous Merit Points. Not everyone has money to just throw at you for a skin. This has all gotten beyond ridiculous. I hope BMG has fun at their Vegas parties. GG.
wolfy0312

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:27 pm

Well, if the Devs want taunts, they can have taunts. I'm personally never going to use them(Or at least I never plan to).
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:35 am

markster1270 wrote:So this is the so called big 1.6 update lol. Just more stuff only "premium" players can get when Town of Salem is Free to play. Pathetic
Also "Trying not to starve to death" lmao

I'm fairly sure everyone will have acces to taunts. If not then you have some pretty questionable decisions there BMG.

the psychaiatrist

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby MasterBeiber » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:43 pm

This would be a great thing! It sounds fun to troll people with! Hope you get 1.60 done!
Spoiler: is there any spoiler here?
MasterBeiber

Postby Myersvandalay » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:10 pm

wolfy0312 wrote:I like the Taunt Idea. But it's not enough to keep me playing this game. I really enjoyed it when I first started. But then you got more and more trolls coming on and ruining the experience. All because you chose people like Markiplier and Pewdiepie to play your game. They pander to kids and all around immature audiences (Not all. But most). Then these ridiculous Merit Points. Not everyone has money to just throw at you for a skin. This has all gotten beyond ridiculous. I hope BMG has fun at their Vegas parties. GG.

I agree with you 100% on the choice of youtubers to pay to play the game, I disagree with you on the skins thing, namely because skins have no in game advantage. I could play indefinately wih no new skins. On the other hand... the balance of the game IMO has fallen out of whack, and based on the slightly not so useful decision to pick the first huge balance fix to majority opinion of the masses, I'd say it is safe to say... not going to go anywhere.

Seriously dev's should just take a look at what would happen if they put a long list of possible town buffs, mafia nerfs etc... to majority opinion advertised in game... I'd be willing to bet almost universal votes for town buffs, mafia and NK nerfs.
Myersvandalay
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Wafflez000 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:44 am

how do u taunt/ emote?
Wafflez000

Postby michelletippets » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:53 am

Awesome!!! :D
michelletippets
Jester
Jester

Postby squimbles » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:05 pm

Wafflez000 wrote:how do u taunt/ emote?

They didn't implement it yet.
squimbles
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Baker55513 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:39 pm

Myersvandalay wrote:
wolfy0312 wrote:I like the Taunt Idea. But it's not enough to keep me playing this game. I really enjoyed it when I first started. But then you got more and more trolls coming on and ruining the experience. All because you chose people like Markiplier and Pewdiepie to play your game. They pander to kids and all around immature audiences (Not all. But most). Then these ridiculous Merit Points. Not everyone has money to just throw at you for a skin. This has all gotten beyond ridiculous. I hope BMG has fun at their Vegas parties. GG.

I agree with you 100% on the choice of youtubers to pay to play the game, I disagree with you on the skins thing, namely because skins have no in game advantage. I could play indefinately wih no new skins. On the other hand... the balance of the game IMO has fallen out of whack, and based on the slightly not so useful decision to pick the first huge balance fix to majority opinion of the masses, I'd say it is safe to say... not going to go anywhere.

Seriously dev's should just take a look at what would happen if they put a long list of possible town buffs, mafia nerfs etc... to majority opinion advertised in game... I'd be willing to bet almost universal votes for town buffs, mafia and NK nerfs.

I've been playing since early beta and I have to say that the devs appear to be getting a little carried away with trying to appease everyone. If they spent as much time trying to weed out the 11 yr old trolls that have been overloading the ranked queues then I wouldn't probably have a problem with them trying to implement some of these ideas. BUT, instead of perfecting the core of the game they are making outlandish improvements that don't help actual gameplay. You guys were doing so well until the past couple updates. To make the game better maybe you guys should focus on gameplay basics more and less with crap that's just gonna line your pockets. And btw I'm so upset about the currency change and the fact that every time i look at my stats they're waaaaay different than the last time I looked that I almost quit permanently. You guys can't even figure out a statistics page but let's go ahead with all the pretty crap that doesn't help anything at all. Getting kind of dissapointed here devs..... :devil:
Baker55513

Postby Baker55513 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:45 pm

And btw, ============================================================>>>>>>> How the crap have I been a forum member since 1970????? Did i somehow magically get transported back to the 70's? Did Doc Brown come and whisk me away in his delorean? I mean cmon ppl, I wasn't even born until 87. Lol sometimes I wonder just how stoned you people really are.....
Baker55513

Postby cmitc1 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:10 pm

so, nobody concerned about how this indirectly buffs town? allowing them to signal eachother?

you could say "the mafia could do that", but no mafia is going to do that with the spy still seeing chat.
cmitc1
Arsonist
Arsonist

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements