Game freezing

Bug reports that aren't really bugs are stored here.

Half A Game DCing?

Postby Reaperjinkai » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:10 am

I just played two games in a row where we had 5-9 of the players who just left first night. the first time i dident think much of it, but then i got into a game with a friend and it happened to him. What it looked like to me was when he I loaded in to where you pick your name he dident he was stuck on the previous page.

I also had more of a question then a bug report. did they remove custom games for casual play? both times i played i looked for the custom button but only saw classic and ranked (beta)
Reaperjinkai

General Error/Auto DC/Sever Error etc.

Postby Caimbrie » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:47 am

So, I have multiple bugs which I have found or may have been bugs in particular. I'm going to keep it simple, since it is most likely a lot of people have posted this up already. Is there any fixes being made soon??

The first one is the general error, which is where you can't go into areas like the bug report area (my friends seemed to have this happen) no matter how much you refresh and so forth - it is just unaccessible to certain players.

The second one is the atuo disconnect where players have their games 'freeze' or get removed from a game without doing so (refresh/exit) and I believe this is due to the severs. Yet again.

And then here is the most common one, here players can't log in and they get the 'sever error'. I'm not even going to bother taking a screenie of it. But when players attempt to log in, they can't. That's all it basically is.

I have no idea what else to write, but I'd rather have TOS make updates on the severs themselves and other bugs rather than making the front page or game play prettier - its not really something that needs updating at all.
Caimbrie
Jester
Jester

Re: Half A Game DCing?

Postby Caimbrie » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:51 am

Yes, this is an actual bug.
Caimbrie
Jester
Jester

Re: General Error/Auto DC/Sever Error etc.

Postby Nellyfox » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:55 am

General Error [1040] affects the whole forums when it pops up.
The second one, if people auto-disconnect it's them getting disconnected from the server, whether it's their connection's fault or the server itself.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Game freezing

Postby klar » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:57 am

It has now happened twice that the game freezes for me before I die. Thus, it looks like I just left the game, when in fact I didn't. Hoping this is some issue with the new patch. Anyone else having this problem?

A screenshot of the latest one - 5 minutes later and it is still stuck.

http://imgur.com/aedxQnt

Thanks for the help!
Last edited by Nellyfox on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts
klar
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Game freezing

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:03 am

This may have had to do with your internet connection.
Spoiler: Image

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Esca » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:06 am

I have experienced the same thing, and I seriously doubt it has anything to do with my internet connection. (I have 90mb+ fiber and have never had any problems with this game before)

I've joined a game, and twice it has frozen just as the first night ends, or the second day begins. It doesn't unfreeze at any point, and I have to reload the page in order to log back in. Now, on the third try, it's not even letting me join.
Esca

Can't DO anything.

Postby Crankeedoo » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:07 am

Let me start off by saying I love this game and was very excited for ranked mode. When I tried it this morning, I managed to join a game. However, in the middle of the game, everything froze, and I couldn't log back in for a while. I assumed it was just a server-wide update. I say this because only after then did THIS happen: I attempted to join the ranked queue. I got the standard "invitation" to a game, clicked accept, and waited. When the countdown was done, nothing happened. At all. I then tried to join another ranked game, but when I clicked the ranked button, it didn't do anything. no countdown for the queue, nothing. I figured I'd just play a custom game, but when i pressed the play button, nothing happened again. It only fixed itself when I reloaded. I tried this MULTIPLE more times, and the same result each time. Nothing happening at the end of the countdown, then no buttons working. Anybody knows what's happening?
Favorite Roles: Jailor, Janitor, Consigliere, Medium, Witch, Godfather
Least Favorite Roles: Survivor, Framer, Disguiser, Retributionist, Doctor, Arsonist

Names Usually Used: A Dead Dog, Lohn Jennon, Bloody Berry
Crankeedoo
Jester
Jester

Postby Dennit » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:09 am

Having the same issue here - game freezes somewhere within the first 2 turns.
Dennit

Postby klar » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:19 am

No problem with my internet connection. I'm on fiber as well and everything else works fine before, during, and afterwards, except the game.
klar
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Freezing

Postby Catloverclarke » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:20 am

okay guys so right now i am in the middle of playing a game of town of salem and it frooze for everybody for the fourth time in the game and i think that blank media games should check out this problem and try to fix it if they can because i realize this happens sometimes, but not 4 times in one game so guys if you are reading this please tr to fix and or check it out thank you :oops:
=(^.^)= CatLoverClarke
Catloverclarke
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Nellyfox » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:21 am

My guess is that the server cannot handle all the people online, playing or trying to play, so it kicks people off.
Though I'm not sure how many people are on right now.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby klar » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:35 am

Going to try to play again and will let you know how it goes.

Edit: worked fine this time

Edit2: Happended again: Don't really want to be penalized for something I can't control.

Screenshot if helps any: http://imgur.com/6SfweDH
Last edited by klar on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
klar
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Nellyfox » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:39 am

As you can see I did some thread merging because the issues were similar.
Also please do not double post, use the edit button when you've more to say.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby VonAntarctic » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:19 am

I have the same issue, internet works fine.

Literally just Town of Salem, everything else works.
R.I.P 2015

and

Welcome 2016.
VonAntarctic
[Forum Mafia VIII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VIII] Winner

Postby Daroshi » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:40 pm

my game also freezes, everyone stops talking and the timer ticks down...
then nothing happens! nothing changes. all I can do is refresh and immediately be penalized for "having left the game early" and be unable to login.
Rationalize the Compromise ҉
Image ҉
Daroshi

Location: __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:44 pm

Daroshi wrote:my game also freezes, everyone stops talking and the timer ticks down...
then nothing happens! nothing changes. all I can do is refresh and immediately be penalized for "having left the game early" and be unable to login.

It's because the new patch came out just hours ago. Hopefully these problems will be fixed soon.
Spoiler: Image

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby shapesifter13 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:00 pm

As chit said, it is an issue with the patch, the devs are currently working to resolve the issue right now.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Game frozen

Postby Sadchuu » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:28 pm

http://i.imgur.com/lIy8kwm.jpg

I went onto ranked mode and my game froze.
☆ Mayumi ☆ 20 ☆ ♀ ☆ I'm awful at TOS ☆ Loves Vivi and MSA ☆
Sadchuu
Executioner
Executioner

Return to Not Bugs