They know!

Post any known bugs here!

They know!

Postby Bethrissa » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:12 am

Something terrible happened. It started as a simple lag, you know the one makes you completely skip a day or a night, gets frozen at the beginning of the phase and doesn't continue until the next phase. We all have those lags sometimes. But, possibly due to this lagging state (or someone in ministry of salem was slacking), the horrible secret we were hiding for years, might not be a secret anymore.

I was just minding my own business, getting annoyed by the lag and other technical issues when I noticed something strange. At first I didn't want to believe it, but it was right there, impossible to ignore.

https://i.imgur.com/auZVtR1.jpg

It was Sherlock Holmes, looking straight at me, as if there isn't a screen between us. I knew he figured it out. He saw me. He realized there was a person watching them from the other side of the sky, he realized their whole life was fake. It was a play. He realized why they kept gathering at town square every morning for the last billions of mornings, even though they all felt it was dumb.
Sherlock was investigating things beyond his reach, and he found out about the terrible secret that was the very essence of him and his friends' existence. Perhaps he proved everyone saying investigator is op right. But, what is gonna happen now? What are we gonna do? Will he be able to live with this fact, are we gonna take the risk of him spreading the word around? Are we gonna remove his role from the game? This sounds unfair, it's not his fault, he was simply doing his job, he was investigating (with a creepy smile on his face, might be the shock)

Do you think this is how town of salem ends? They put all the conflicts aside, factions start to work as one and they rise against us? Perhaps it is the only way to end the endless trials, executions, murders, or even suicides. Salem vs Faces Behind the Clouds, coming soon!

Jokes aside, this is simply a lag. Didn't know where to put it as it's a bug we know and it doesn't exactly have a solution. But I also couldn't keep this moment between me and sherlock to myself. Feel free to move it to the right forum.
You know me as Sansea.

I randomly picked this name during my first 2 weeks of the game (and no, I am not Sansa, my name has nothing to do with game of thrones) while playing ranked practice, after observing people avoided killing names starting with S early. It wasn't until later I found out I couldn't have failed harder.

I am either scum, or dead n1. Usually both.
Bethrissa
Transporter
Transporter

Re: They know!

Postby Jerme » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:07 am

This is indeed a strange ocurrance, but still worth to memorize.
I wonder what has caused this visual bug. A corrupted cache is what I assume, or well, it could also be lag...
Thanks for sharing~
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Bethrissa » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 am

Well, Samuel was on trial actually, but on my screen instead of being in the middle of the map he stayed there. Although he did move after the voting and his dead animation showed up where it's supposed to be.

Also worth noting the mafioso/gf tip stayed there the whole game, but I was lagging so I never saw the part where my role was selected from the wheel, which should have been the only time tips are given to the player. Instead tip just moved to the game and stayed there forever.
You know me as Sansea.

I randomly picked this name during my first 2 weeks of the game (and no, I am not Sansa, my name has nothing to do with game of thrones) while playing ranked practice, after observing people avoided killing names starting with S early. It wasn't until later I found out I couldn't have failed harder.

I am either scum, or dead n1. Usually both.
Bethrissa
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Jerme » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Aparently the game wants you to remember and sued the about to be lynched person to stare deepyl in yoru soul, so that you do not forget~
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Bug Reports