Rare Executioner / Vampire bug?

Bugs that were fixed for all clients go here.

Rare Executioner / Vampire bug?

Postby Nekojin » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:50 am

I just finished a game as the Executioner. I got my target lynched properly, and continued the game. My target was then brought back by the Retributionist, which the Wiki says should not undo my victory condition.

Some time after he was brought back, my target was turned into a Vampire. I survived to the end of the game, and my target was Staked at night by the Vampire Hunter.

When we went to the End Of Game screen, I got a Loss.

http://imgur.com/a/8jX0p

(I did search for this in the Advanced Search, and didn't see any reports about this)

Edit: Looking at the post-game screenshot, it apparently DID turn me into a Jester when my Target died, but it didn't ever change my Role window. I was still Exe right up to the end.
Nekojin
Transporter
Transporter

Re: Rare Executioner / Vampire bug?

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:59 am

I've never seen this happen before, but it has to be a bug. You lynched your target, so you should have won. It looks like the Vampire conversion caused this bug to happen.
Spoiler: Image

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Jerme » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:33 am

Did a "You successfully got your target lynched" message appear in chat?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Nekojin » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:08 pm

Jerme wrote:Did a "You successfully got your target lynched" message appear in chat?

I don't remember seeing it, honestly. It might have, and I missed it?
Nekojin
Transporter
Transporter

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:27 pm

Converting I believe currently gets in the way, as your target is supposed to be Town, not Vampire. I'm not entirely sure if this is intended, but I've added it to the list of Bugs. Brandon can remove it if he figures out it's intended or not. Thanks for reporting, Nekojin! :)
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:28 pm

Naru2008 wrote:Converting I believe currently gets in the way, as your target is supposed to be Town, not Vampire. I'm not entirely sure if this is intended, but I've added it to the list of Bugs. Brandon can remove it if he figures out it's intended or not. Thanks for reporting, Nekojin! :)

He lynched his target before they were revived and converted. So this should be a bug, not intended.

Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:38 pm

chitownmvp01 wrote:
Naru2008 wrote:Converting I believe currently gets in the way, as your target is supposed to be Town, not Vampire. I'm not entirely sure if this is intended, but I've added it to the list of Bugs. Brandon can remove it if he figures out it's intended or not. Thanks for reporting, Nekojin! :)

He lynched his target before they were revived and converted. So this should be a bug, not intended.

Ah. I missed that part. That is a bug indeed. I'll add that to the report. ^^ Thanks Chit.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:44 pm

Naru2008 wrote:
chitownmvp01 wrote:

Ah. I missed that part. That is a bug indeed. I'll add that to the report. ^^ Thanks Chit.

You're welcome! :)

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Return to Fixed Bugs